Monday 9 January 2012

another walk in Newtown


Dolerw bridge from the river's edge

now the river is down to normal winter height the wrens nesting holes in the bank are visible.


wonder if its been left  for the ducks to clean themselves.


The river severn normal winter height from Dolerw Bridge

The river severn in flood height from Dolerw Bridge


the copse on Dolfor hill

fungi on the wild rose

Dandilions

A well bored dead tree trunk

moss and lychee on the council office roof Park rd

A beech tree eating the kerb stones 

a knotted willow with lots of whiskers.

 a tree silhouette near the Oriel gallery

the dolfor brook  at flood line.Add caption
the Dolfor  brook
entering the Severn

1 comment:

  1. Wales is a beautiful country. You mention Newtown and Powys....I think we were near there when we went to Wales in 1990. We stayed in Llanberis (hope I spelled it right) I enjoyed the week I spent there...mostly in northern Wales, but a little bit of southern Wales. My sister and her family had taken us there to roam around castle ruins mostly. I just love the castles...something we don't have over here :-) I also saw a hedgehog, which is something I had always wanted to see. No one in England/Wales ever seems to post photos of them...are they hard to find or so common no one cares about them?

    ReplyDelete