Tuesday 17 January 2012

going places



Every time I see the vapour trails of a jet I wonder where its going But these days its different , been there done that  so I do not get jealous do not even think wish I was going, my walk today  was  to go to the station  and get me a ticket  as i am going places  not exotic but after 10 years of travel in very hot climates its good to be back in my own country  and after coming back I now enjoy the things I missed while I was away   such as ice  cold frosty mornings, freedom  IE  can go anywhere I want without some toe rag asking where you go? why you go? can't go there!!, unless you give me some money, but most of all after being in Egypt I feel safe here in the UK, any way  I have two  hospital appointments this month  then I can  do some more travelling, so I got myself a retired persons Rail card  £28.00.  . and I will save that amount on my first Journey   , a cheap return fare to Littlehampton was going to cost me £85.00.  now I have my rail card it was £45.70,   and seeing I have intentions of visiting rspb sites and steam museums around the country the rail card will save me a few bucks this new year '
 the photos are as they were taken  hence Pryce Jones building as its opposite the station  and thats where I started from today.


This part of the Pryce jones Building  is 30 years younger than the main building
 of price Jones, the  building history is on my blog 
http://newtownpowys.wordpress.com/2011/12/18/pryce-pryce-jones/ 
the first photo on that blog shows the two buildings connected by a covered foot bridge


Two lone trees on Llanmerewig hills,

The mohonia in flower  its one of those plants that flower and fruit at the same time the fruit are green turning to dark blue.

Cross buildings from the station platform
Newtown station buildings the only room in use these days is the ticket office.



The train now standing on the  platform sidings . is the rail leveller  . this piece of  equipment con only be used in-between train times as there is only a single track  apart from some stations   and the halfway point between Newtown and Machynlleth 

Newtown station platform  looking towards Machynlleth 

Frpom the end of the platform looking towards Welshpool.



I believe this is the tallest house chimney in the UK  standing roughly 75ft high. and is the chimney for the white  two storied house 








 
















someones toilet overflow  is working ok

frost on the bonnet of a volvo these I will use as a backdrop to my new website
Frost on the bonnet of a Peugeot,


No comments:

Post a Comment